We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
By gaining an understanding of the basic protocol analyzer (Wireshark), students will be able to set up and read basic digital traffic, including:
- Gaining a foundational understanding of logging.
- Identifying source and destination IPs.
- Translating IP addresses into websites.
- Identifying ports and protocols.
- Creating a timeline of events.
In this lab, you will understand basic Wireshark usage and Linux commands. Complete the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- View the “Basic Wireshark Lab” video, located in the Class Resources.
- Provide screenshots of Wireshark with SRC port and DST port on the UI, your ping sweep, your services scan against your Windows 7 system, the index webpage of your Kali Box, the pictures directory of the Kali web server, and the Wireshark following the HTTP stream.
Write a 250- to 500-word lab report and include a title page, table of contents, overview, and summary. Include the following in the summary:
- Your Kali IP address.
- The Windows IP Address.
- The command used to change the directory.
- The command that moves a file.
- The command that creates a new directory.
- The version of Apache that is running according to Wireshark.
- An explanation for why a timestamp is important on Wireshark, as well as other logging tools.
- A list of 10 well-known ports and associated protocols.
- A brief explanation of the difference between a port and a protocol.
- An explanation for when using Wireshark would be beneficial. Provide two other uses besides the one mentioned in the video.
- The indicators one might see within Wireshark or another analyzer tool that may indicate a current or past attack.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write.