We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1 (Due in Week 4)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In the first four weeks of this class students explored the idea of how people make decisions and how the application of a decision making process can increase the likelihood of a better set of decision outcomes. Students will be assigned a case study that they will read and apply a decision making process to make a decision. The case study can be found under week 4 content area.
The purpose of this assignment is for students to demonstrate they understand that decision making is a process that can be used to make decisions with better outcomes for the business.
Step 1: Review “How to Analyze a Case Study” under Week 4 Content.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 3-4 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
Step 3: Review the grading rubric for the assignment
Step 4: Follow this format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name;
- Introduction paragraph in which the decision process is described and its significance in business. The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper but is typically written after writing the body of the paper (Questions students responded to above). View this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
- Body Paragraphs
- Summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main idea(s) of the essay. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the essay is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper.
Step 5: In writing a case study, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 1 content.
Step 7: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html
Step 8: Read critically and analyze the scenario provided under Week 4 Content.
Step 9: Write down or highlight key facts from the scenario. Consider making an outline to capture key points in the paper.
Step 10: In your paper, respond to the following elements of decision making:
- Explain each step of the process using the class reading material applying to the fact pattern. The decision maker is Alex and should be done through Alex’s perspective;
- Create a decision matrix;
- Discuss consequences, bias; stakeholders, risk, uncertainty and linked decisions;
- Discuss the implications of Alex using critical thinking skills in the decision making process and how critical thinking can help Alex make future decisions.
Step 11: Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.