We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
My FAmily: I am a 45 year old Afircan American woman from Georgia
Assignment 2: RA 2: Observations of a Group
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment, write a paper on your own family and how it functions as a group. The objective of observing your family in a group activity (e.g., eating dinner, participating in family meetings, conducting a garage sale, etc.) is to observe, recognize, identify, and label healthy and dysfunctional group behaviors. In addition, determine whether various groups applied the correct techniques for reducing tensions and accomplishing the goals of the group.
Create a 10- to 12-page paper analyzing these characters and their functioning within the group in the family. In your paper, address the following points:
- Identify the key characters in the family and their roles.
- Determine what types of leadership are displayed in the family.
- Identify the group’s leader and explain why he or she is perceived to be the leader. Identify the source of his or her influence.
- Critique the group’s decision-making and problem-solving processes.
- Determine how others’ expectations affect these groups’ perceptions of themselves and their actions.
- Explain how the members’ ascribed statuses are affected by other people’s perceptions.
- Describe the groups’ norms and their evidence.
- Analyze these groups from a systems perspective. Use the systems theory to describe how a human services professional might respond to the needs of the characters in the family.
Note: Your paper should rely upon at least 4–6 professional literature that are cited in APA format. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).