We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In the role of a case manager, you will be interacting with people from very diverse backgrounds. As a result, it is important to understand that not everyone has the same point of view. Chapter 4 discusses the need to be culturally competent regarding people having different backgrounds.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
When thinking of cultural competency, the first individual characteristics that often come to mind are people having different racial, ethnic, and cultural background. However, people differ from one another on many sociological levels as was highlighted in Chapter 3’s discussion of the ecological model. For example, some people might want to generalize perspectives based on race or ethnicity. However, a married Hispanic female physician likely does not have exactly the same perspective on the world as a single Hispanic male blue-collar worker.
Even though individual differences impact behavior, there is also an underlying commonality among people raised and living within a cultural society. There are two major philosophies that the text discusses with regard to a cultural viewpoint: Individualistic and collectivistic.Once you have read the weekly material listed on the Module’s Lesson page, I want you to reflect on the culture from which you were raised. Review the characteristics outlined in chapter 4 of the text book.
Write a paper of at least 750 words:
- Introduce the concepts of individualistic or collectivistic cultures.
- Describe whether you come from an individualistic or collectivistic culture (or both).
- Support this assertion by clearly identifying, discussing and reflecting on 5 characteristics from the chapter that fit you best and 5 characteristics that fit you least.
- Discuss how a difference in culture (individualistic and collectivistic) between client and provider might contribute to miscommunication and ethical conflicts.
- Include at least 3 peer-reviewed articles that support your discussion.