We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discussion Board 4
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft you will complete next week.(Basically just an outline)
Individual Project 4
You are a rookie investigator assigned to the Juvenile Sex Crimes Unit. Because you are new to the unit, the supervisor of the unit has assigned you to work with veteran investigator Jake Wilson to get your training in sex crimes unit investigations. During your tour of duty on your first day, you receive a call to proceed to 1255 Maple Street to meet a patrol officer who is on a juvenile sex assault call at the No Tell Motel. On arrival, you learn that the suspect was seen by law enforcement officers acting suspicious in the parking lot earlier in the day, and when he spotted officers, he quickly drove away from the motel parking lot. After a short chase, officers took the subject, Jose Torres, H/M 35 years of age, into custody.
After taking the suspect into custody, he was asked by officers why he ran, and he opened up to officers and told them that he had been having sex with an underage 14-year-old girl, his girlfriend, in the motel room and had gotten scared when he saw the police. You also learn that officers did not read him his rights before asking him questions regarding the scene and recognize this might be a problem in the case. The crime scene had been entered already by several police officers who stopped by to visit the crime scene, and office management had also stopped by. The 14-year-old female was also at the crime scene, and your partner is interviewing her on the scene to find out what happened.
Based on the above crime scene and information, answer the questions listed below regarding the scene.
- Address the following in 3-4 pages:
Evidence and Scene Processing
- Considering the evidence at the crime scene, make a list of this evidence, and also advise what equipment you will utilize to recover the evidence.
- Describe the process of protecting the crime scene and recovering the evidence, labeling it, transporting it, and exactly what type of analysis you would request to have performed with the evidence by the lab.
- After reading the scenario, is there a problem with scene contamination?
- What role will this evidence likely play in your case?
- Would a warrant be needed at the crime scene? Why or why not?
Victim and Witness Statements, Suspect Interrogation
- What is the proper process for obtaining a statement from both the suspect and the victim in this incident?
- Will you be able to use the information provided to patrol officers by the suspect immediately after his arrest?
- If your partner interviewed the suspect at the scene and threatened him, would this be lawful? Why or why not?
- If your partner lied to the suspect to gain information from him, would this information be usable?
- What if your partner read the suspect his rights before the interrogation?
- What has the Supreme Court said about the use of deception in interrogating a suspect?
- Where would you interview the female victim?
- Who would do the interview, and how should it be conducted?
- What types of questions should the interviewer ask the suspect and the victim in this crime? Why?
- What type of specialized training would you need as a sex crimes investigator?
- Describe some of the training you feel would be useful for a rookie detective who just got promoted and placed into a sex crimes unit.
- What types of training would you recommend for a veteran detective who had just transferred into the sex crimes unit?
- How does experience play a role in the types of training that you would recommend for each of these two types of officers—a rookie and a veteran? Explain.
APA Format for references
At least 3 references.