We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Purpose of Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate to students how the issuance of debt to purchase outstanding common stock could affect the value of the company’s equity and redefine the capital structure. The problem will also allow students to explore the effect of corporate taxes through debt financing.
Resources: Corporate Finance
Scenario: Hightower, Inc. plans to announce it will issue $2.0 million of perpetual debt and use the proceeds to repurchase common stock. The bonds will sell at par with a coupon rate of 5%. Hightower, Inc. is currently an all-equity company worth $7.5 million with 400,000 shares of common stock outstanding. After the sale of the bonds, the company will maintain the new capital structure indefinitely. The company currently generates annual pretax earnings of $1.5 million. This level of earnings is expected to remain constant in perpetuity. The tax rate is 35%.
Prepare a 1,050-word memo advising the management of Hightower, Inc. on the financial impact, including the following:
- What is the expected return on the company’s equity before the announcement of the debt issue?
- Construct the company’s market value balance sheet before the announcement of the debt issue. What is the price per share of the firm’s equity?
- Construct the company’s market value balance sheet immediately after the announcement of the debt issue.
- What is the company’s stock price per share immediately after the repurchase announcement?
- How many shares will the company repurchase as a result of the debt issue? How many shares of common stock will remain after the repurchase?
- What is the required return on the company’s equity after the restructuring?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of debt financing over equity financing.
Show all calculations in Excel and submit with your memo. ( Excel spreadsheet with formulas and calculations must b atached to the assignment)
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
DO NOT SEND A PAPER THAT HAS BEEN SENT TO ANOTHER STUDENT…