We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Your manager asked you to prepare an article for a community newsletter for a local retirement village. The editor wants you to talk about the laws, policies, and choices surrounding end-of-life health care decisions
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on end-of-life care. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Write an article of 750–1,000 words (3–4 pages) that discusses the laws, policies, and choices surrounding end-of-life health care decisions. Address the following in your article:
- Describe the role of the nurse in end-of-life decision making with patients and their families.
- Explain the legislation that generated end-of-life health care policies. Was the legislation an outcome of a specific medical case?
- Identify the primary policies regarding current health care practices related to end-of-life health care decisions. How to these policies affect treatment decisions?
- Explain the effect of end-of-life regulations and controls on patient outcomes. What effect does this have on the nurse-patient relationship?
- Describe the ethical considerations that have influenced policy decisions in regard to end-of-life decisions.
Your article should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Cite a minimum of three resources; a majority of these should be peer-reviewed sources. Your reference list should be appropriate to the body of literature available on this topic that has been published in the past 5 years.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 750–1,000 words or 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and reference page. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Suggested Library Resources
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Norlander, L. (2014). To comfort always: A nurse’s guide to end-of-life care (2nd ed.). Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Hebert, K., Moore, H., & Rooney, J. (2011). The nurse advocate in end-of-life care. The Ochsner Journal, 11(4), 325–329.
- Lewis, K. (2013). How nurses can help ease patient transitions to end of life care. Nursing Older People, 25(8), 22–26.
- Lund, S., Richardson, A., & May, C. (2015). Barriers to advance care planning at the end of life: An explanatory systematic review of implementation studies. PLoS One, 10(2).
- Aoun, S., O’Connor, M., Skett, K., Deas, K., & Smith, J. (2012). Do models of care designed for terminally ill ‘home alone’ people improve their end-of-life experience? A patient perspective. Health & Social Care in the Community, 20(6), 599–606.
- Nakano, K., Sato, K., Katayama, H., & Miyashita, M. (2013). Living with pleasure in daily life at the end of life: Recommended care strategy for cancer patients from the perspective of physicians and nurses. Palliative & Supportive Care, 11(5), 405–413.
- Adams, J. A., Bailey, D. E., Jr., Anderson, R. A., & Docherty, S. L. (2011). Nursing roles and strategies in end-of-life decision making in acute care: A systematic review of the literature. Nursing Research and Practice, 2011.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4006 – Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- American Nurses Association. (2016). Position statement: Nurses’ Roles and Responsibilities in Providing Care and Support at the End of Life. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/~4adf1c/globalassets/…