We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For Essay 2, we are doing something a little different for Peer Review this week. As I explained the in announcement last week about it, instead of being paired up with a fellow classmate, you are required to see one of the tutors in our Writing Center instead. You can do this either in person (the best possible way) or on-line if you are unable to make an appointment. To make that appointment with a tutor, please see the instructions in the announcement. (You can just click on the Announcement page on the left side if you need to pull it up again.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To that appointment with the tutor, you need to bring a printed copy of your Essay 2 project (if you are doing the visual argument, the tutor can either help you on your visual or your response).
By Friday at 11:59pm, you need to post/upload both the rough draft that you went over/discussed with the tutor, and a picture of the pink sheet that the tutor will give you.
If you see a tutor through an online appointment, instead of a picture of the pink sheet, which you will not have access to, please answer the following questions.
- What specifically did you work on with the tutor? Give two specific answers in response as well as the suggestions/change you discussed with the tutor.
- What is one specific thing you are more confident about since you had this session with the tutor? Be specific.
- What is one specific thing that you worked on, that you now know how to do? Be specific on the steps to accomplish this.
- After finishing the session with the tutor, what are you going to do next with the assignment?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least helpful and 10 being the most helpful, how do you feel your session with the tutor went?
If you are stuck about what sort of things you should go over with a tutor about your draft, here are some options of what to discuss. Remember that your session with a tutor is only 30 minutes, so you might not be able to get through this entire list. My suggestion would be to focus on three or four to take with you to your tutoring session.
- Does the author present the issue in his or her introduction? Is the attention grabber effective? Is the background information sufficient? (If the reader had not read the text) Why are these things effective/sufficient?
- Does the writer introduce the text they have chosen somewhere in the introduction? Do they have an academic summary in their introduction? (Introduce only the sources you will be using). Is the academic summary missing any parts (main argument, support, purpose, tone)?
- Is there thesis an argument? Does it have an antithesis? In the thesis, is the writer’s argument clear? Is the author’s opinion clearly stated? Are you clear on his or her position from the start?
- Does the thesis include at least two rhetorical strategies? Is the thesis clear about the effectiveness of the author’s rhetorical strategies?
- Does the writer support each of his or her claims with quotes from the text/movie? Are the examples vivid and specific rather than general? Are there at least six direct quotes?
- Does the writer explain the quotes/information? Does the explanation connect back to the thesis? Is there an explanation/analysis after each example? Does the writer effectively use PIE format?
- Are all examples from the text cited properly with in-text citation? Is the paper formatted in MLA style? Is there a works cited page in the end?
- Does the writer have a conclusion that restates the thesis and gives a final thought?
- Are there any parts that were confusing or needed more explanation?
- What is one line that you particularly liked in their draft? Why do you like it?
- Do they have a creative title?
- Mark your favorite line. Why is it your favorite?