We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
READ ME: I am looking for a final project that focuses on the fragile (not failed) state of Venezuela and how the socialist stance / movement (“chavismo”) of former President Hugo Chavez and current President Nicolas Maduro have created such a fragile state. I do realize that in the beginning the process worked due to high oil prices; however, social programs were not rolled back or reduced after oil prices plummeted. Must have a minimum of 8 pages and at least 10 credible academic sources that can be verified through Google Scholar or an online digital library.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Fragile State Analysis
For your portfolio project, you will evaluate a fragile (formerly called failed) state and develop a plan to help it recover and get back on the right track. This will involve a survey of the country’s history, the source of its problems, information about its people, economy, and culture, and its potential to succeed if given a chance.
The Global Policy Forum website provides information on fragile/failed states in general, as well as specific states.
ForeignPolicy.com provides the 2014 list of most fragile/failed states. You may choose your country for this study from the countries in dark red on the map at the bottom of the opening page.
- Population of the country (see 1 below for more information)
- Important ethnic or racial groups and divisions
- Per capita gross domestic product (see 2 below for more information)
- UN Human Development Index rankings (see 2 below for more information)
- Freedom House scores for political rights and civil liberties (see 3 below for more information)
- The economic position of your country compared to other countries (wealthy, poor, middle income).
- Provide an overview of the country’s history, focusing on when and why it began to have problems leading to its fragile/failed status.
Classification and structure of government:
- Although fragile/failed states lack an effective government, this does not mean that no one is trying to run the country or at least parts of the country. Who is trying to govern your chosen country? How are they attempting to do this?
- Are there attempts to hold elections? If so, how are these elections conducted, and what is voter turnout (See 4 below for more information)? When was the most recent election held, and what were the results?
Competition, stability and civil society:
- Do political parties exist? If so, what are they, and what role do they play in the country’s problems and/or efforts to provide structure?
- Are there any recent political changes?
- Major social movements?
- Are their divisions or conflicts based on race/religion/culture, etc? Has genocide taken place?
- Who provides basic services such as utilities, education, medical care, etc?
- What is daily life like for the people?
- Major industries
- Natural resources
- Other sources of revenue
- Reliance on foreign aid.
- What are the most important political, economic, environmental and human rights issues facing your country?
- Is your country in conflict with its neighbors or other countries?
- What are its relations with major global powers ‑- the U.S., Europe, China, etc?
Conclude the paper with your assessment of the country’s future. What could be done to help the country become stable and develop an effective government? Include what the people can do to help themselves, as well as the role that other countries and humanitarian aid groups could play.
- Data can be accessed through the World Bank website.
- Data can be found on the website of the UN Human Development Report
- Data available at Freedomhouse.org
- Data on election turnout available on the website of the Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Write a formal essay 8-10 pages in length, complete with citations from at least 10 credible academic sources other than required course readings to support your findings. The CSU-Global Library is an excellent place to search for scholarly sources.
- In addition, provide a reference list, in alphabetical order by last name of author, in APA format, and include a title page at the beginning.
- Always follow CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements style and review the library material concerning APA style before turning in this assignment.