We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 4 – Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations
Read pages 90-94 of your course text, including the Release of
Information section, the Perspective: Examples of Recently Published
HIPAA Privacy Violations section, and Exhibits 3.3 and 3.4. Next,
select one of the cases from the list below :
- Civil money penalty: HHS imposes a $4.3 million civil money penalty for violations of the HIPAA privacy rule
- Doctor and Two Former Hospital Employees Plead Guilty to HIPAA Violation
- Mass General Hospital Settles Potential HIPAA Violations
- Rite Aid agrees to pay $1 million to settle HIPAA privacy case
- UCLA health system settles potential HIPAA privacy and security violations
Then, provide a case analysis on the HIPAA violation of patient
health information (PHI) that was present in the case you selected.
Include the following points in your case analysis:
- Give a brief summary of the case.
- What specific HIPAA privacy and security rules were broken?
- What, if any, penalties were imposed as a result of the ruling on the case?
- Do you believe the penalties imposed were sufficient for the type and scope of the infraction? Explain your answer.
- What is your understanding of the HIPAA privacy and security rules?
- What was the significance of this case with regards to health
care information systems, either in general or to the organizations that
work in this field?
- Were any other laws (besides the HIPAA laws) broken? If yes, what law(s)?
- Include a paragraph about how this particular case could apply
to your Final Proposal. What impact might lessons learned from this
particular case have on your Final Proposal case study?
The HIPAA Case Analysis:
Must be 1200 to 1800 words in length, double-spaced and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.