We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Public Figure Speaker Critique Analysis Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment you will provide a general analysis and evaluation of a speaker other than your instructor or classmates. Examples of possible speakers include, but are not limited to, campaign speakers; clergy; guest lecturers; or speakers at cultural centers or museums. The speaker may be on or off campus. Electronic broadcasts are permitted; including but not limited to those found on YouTube or Ted.com.
Your paper should be two-four full pages, typed, double spaced, use Times New Romans 12- point font, and follow the guidelines of MLA. The following two links are a helpful MLA guideline resource https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/m… https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/m…
This is to be a critique and analysis not merely a description of the event. Be sure to take a stand, explain, and defend your views. Use appropriate terminology and the vocabulary from the textbook whenever possible.
In well-developed paragraphs, support your assessment of the speaker’s presentation and content using evidence from the speaking event that you are analyzing. Grammar and writing style are very important. Check them both carefully.
In essay format you are to address the following questions in your paper; citing examples and evidence from the observed speech to support your claims.
Provide the following information in your introductory paragraph.
1. Name of the speaker.
2. Type of event.
3. Date of event.
4. Place of event.
5. Time and length of event.
Content Analysis and Evaluation
1. What was the speaker’s desired response? How do you know?
2. What was the occasion for this speech? Did the speaker seem to consider this?
3. What was the demographic and attitudinal makeup of the audience? Did the speaker seem to consider this?
4. Was the introduction effective? Why or why not?
5. Was the conclusion effective? Why or why not?
6. What types of support were used? How effective were the speaker’s choices?
7. What type of organizational strategies did the speaker use? Where they effective?
8. What were the main points of the speech? How did you identify them?
9. How credible was the speaker?
10. Describe and evaluate the speaker’s use of language.
1. How comfortable did the speaker look?
2. How dynamic did the speaker look?
3. How could the speakers delivery been improved?
a. Did the speaker maintain eye contact with the audience? How appropriate was it?
b. How appropriate was the speaker’s rate and volume of speech?
c. How appropriate was the speaker’s pitch/tone?
d. How appropriate was the speaker’s use of body movement?
1. Explain your overall reaction to the speech and event. What, if anything, can you try to incorporate into your own speaking?
and this is the link i want you to write about