We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Write a 3-4 page risk management policy and procedure for a health care organization. Analyze a specific issue that occurred in a health care organization and apply risk management best practices to it for the purpose of early risk identification and risk reduction or elimination in the future.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
SCORING GUIDE MUST BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER
- American Society for Heathcare Risk Management. (n.d.). Healthcare risk management: The path forward [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.ashrm.org/pubs/files/white_papers/Execu…
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. (2014). Serious safety events: A focus on harm classification: Deviation in care as link getting to zero white paper series (2nd ed.) [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.ashrm.org/pubs/files/white_papers/SSE-2…
- Darbyshire, P., Ralph, N., & Caudle, H. (2015). Editorial: Nursing’s mandate to redefine the sentinel event. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24(11/12), 1445–1446.
- Ewen, B. M., & Bucher, G. (2013). Root cause analysis: Responding to a sentinel event [PDF]. Home Healthcare Nurse, 31(8), 435–443.
- Health Care Administration Undergraduate Library Research Guide.
- The Joint Commission. (2018). Sentinel event. Retrieved from https://www.jointcommission.org/sentinel_event.asp…
- Surprise, J. K., & Simpson, M. H. (2015). One hospital’s initiatives to encourage safe opioid use. Journal of Infusion Nursing, 38(4), 278–283.
- Watson, D. S. (2009). Sentinel events. AORN Journal, 90(6), 926–929.
Risk Management’s Purpose
- Anonymous. (2015). Risk management poised to grow as healthcare evolves. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, 49(6), 433–435.
- 6 ways to improve your root cause analysis. (2013). Healthcare Risk Management, 35(7), 76.
The following two suggested resources also appear under the suggested resources for Assessment 1: Address a Patient Safety Issue. You will find that many of the tools and techniques used to detect errors in the health care industry are applicable to risk, patient safety, quality, and performance improvement. These departments have mutual yet divergent interests. Each department will use the tools to identify information pertinent to their interests. For example, the risk manager may use a specific tool to abstract details pertaining to the potential for litigation. The safety officer, however, may be focused on details related to the root cause of the error.
- Arabi, Y. M., Al Owais, S. M., Al-Attas, K., Alamry, A., Alzahrani, K., Baig, B., … Taher, S. (2016). Learning from defects using a comprehensive management system for incident reports in critical care. Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, 44(2), 210–220.
- Howell, A.-M., Burns, E. M., Bouras, G., Donaldson, L. J., Athanasiou, T., & Darzi, A. (2015). Can patient safety incident reports be used to compare hospital safety? Results from a quantitative analysis of the English National Reporting and Learning System data. PloS ONE, 10(12), 1–15.
- Sanders, P. (2016). Seven strategies for partnering with risk managers. Nursing Management, 47(10), 18–19.
- Shostek, K. (2014). Risk manager’s perspective. AORN Journal, 100(4), 422–423.