We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment: Essay #3 (Rogerian Argument)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Should owning a gun be illegal or legal?
Introducing a problem along with two opposing sides in order to establish common ground
Students must choose a topic of their expertise and/or interest and construct a Rogerian Argument in a three-to-four page document (excluding the Works Cited page).
Your argument either can be structured in a conventional essay, or it can be structured in a letter addressed to a person (writer, expert, scholar, etc.) or an organization(s) who has opposing views. Note: For the latter format, please refer to the sample essay “An Open Letter to Robert Levy in response to His Article ‘They Never Learn’” by Collen Fontana or “Letter to a Southern Baptist Minister. You also are free to use first, second, and/or third person point of view.
Introducing a problem
Neutrally mentioning two opposing sides to the problem – your viewpoint and the reader’s viewpoint
Presenting opposing side
Presenting and justifying your side
- Establishing common ground between two sides
1. Document Length: Between 3-4 pgs. No limits on paragraphs.
2. Essay should include a title
3. Works Cited page: At least three sources. Sources can include: books
magazine/journal articles, graphs, (direct/indirect) interviews, (direct/indirect)
surveys, graphs, charts, etc. Do not use Wikipedia or any non-
creditable websites as primary sources.
4. MLA format
5. Submission- Paper MUST be submitted as a Word attachment either Blackboard Assignment or via e-mail. THIS ESSAY MUST BE SENT AS A WORD ATTACHMENT, UNLESS YOU HAVE DISCUSSED ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS OF SUBMITTAL WITH ME!!
6. Point of View- First, Second, and/or Third person
7. Language- Rhetorical/formal