We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Single Node Architecture
In this module you will focus on the wireless sensor node architecture. The initial focus is on the basic tasks of a node—computation, storage, communication, and sensing / actuation—and which components are required to to perform these tasks. Next, you will focus on the energy consumption of these components, that is, how is energy stored, gathered from the environment, and saved by intelligently controlling the mode of operation of node components. At the end of the module, you should have an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the nodes in a sensor network.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To complete this session, you are required to read chapter 2 of the book and complete homework #2. After completing homework #2, you should proceed to next links in this session to study in detail a common platform used today to build sensor nodes—the Arduino Uno, which houses the ATMega 328p micro-controller. Students interested in completing the optional lab (seen in the next set of links) should contact Dr. Otero for access to lab and equipment.
Homework – Chapter 2
- Get familiar with the hardware components of wireless sensor nodes
- Get familiar with WSN energy consumption and management
- Get familiar with WSN operating systems and execution environments
Read chapter 2 and provide answers to the following questions:
1) Identify and explain the 5 major components of a basic wireless sensor node.
2) Explain the role of the transceiver in the sensor node. Based on your own judgment, what are the five most important characteristics that should be taken into account when selecting a transceiver? Explain your answers.
3) What are the role of the Power Amplifier (PA) and Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)?
4) List and explain the 4 operational states of typical transceivers. Would it be appropriate to have sensor nodes with transceivers not capable of entering the sleep state? Explain.
5) Explain in detail the concept of Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS).
6)Why is a sequential programming model insufficient for wireless sensor nodes?
7) What are two programming models for achieving concurrency in wireless sensor nodes? Explain the pros and cons of each and provide reasons supporting why one would be better than the other.
8) Typical communication software is architected using a layered approach (e.g., TCP/IP). Why would departing from the typical layered approach make sense in WSN?
9) What is a component model/architecture for communication software? How does it differ from the layered approach? Give an example of a component based operating system for WSN.
Link for the book.