We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. What criticisms have been levied against NBA Executive Director, Michele Roberts, at the outset of her tenure? Are they justifiable? Please reflect in context of the sex/gender and leadership stereotypes in the sports industry, as demonstrated throughout this module, and the reasons women have historically been excluded from upper management positions in sport.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Do you believe Roberts’ race and/or gender was a major factor for the players in electing her to the position, as opposed to the other qualified candidates? In other words, did Roberts benefit from “positive discrimination”? Please consider in light of the overwhelming representation of African Americans and people of color who took part in the historic vote.
3. Val Ackerman, Commissioner of the Big East, has been in her role for a number of years, how do you believe Ackerman has “led”? And, in your opinion, supported by the resources studied throughout this course on prejudice, race, sex/gender stereotypes– can she really succeed with the philosophy and strategies at the highest level of Intercollegiate athletics?
4. What are the pros and cons of the NBA or Big East developing a substantive marketing campaign around Roberts/Ackerman specifically to women or men?
5. Do you believe Roberts’ or Ackerman’s success and/or failure will affect other female executives, such as Kim Ng, or others, who have similar leadership aspirations and roles? If so, then why or why not?