We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The final theme of this course (One Minute Re-Direct) emphasizes more of the applied side of Organizational Behavior. Specifically, when setting goals (Module 1) it is important to understand the operational, strategic, and structural factors that define what jobs are and what is necessary to successfully complete the associated tasks and duties.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Then, following up with these goals by understanding how people think, feel, and respond to internal and external influence in the process of managing positive job behaviors (Module 2) is necessary for making sure those positive behaviors develop and continue.
Finally, when it is necessary to correct behaviors that undermine those goals and may be considered negative (both in being successful in performing the job and/ or creating a positive work environment), we must understand how to do so in a way that is both effective and appropriate (Module 3). Specifically, job performance is a function of both our willingness and ability to perform the tasks and engage in the behaviors that the organization considers desirable. As such, understanding how constraints on our performance may be imposed internally and externally will help us to better understand how stress, politics, group influence, and communication effectiveness play a role.
As such, for this final assignment, please complete the following:
1. Identify what you believe are the major sources of work-related eustress and distress in an organization that you are familiar with. These can be at the individual job level or in general. (40 points)
2. In what specific ways do you feel power and politics in that organization relates to the sources of employee eustress and distress that you identified in Q1? (30 points)
3. If you were to identify poor performance or behavior from a subordinate, what approach would you take to communicate the ‘re-direction’ of such behavior given what you identified in Q1 & Q2? To answer this question, please describe what you feel is a common behavior observed in and organization that often requires correction. Then, describe what communication approach you feel is or would be most effective in re-directing this behavior to one that is more positive (both operationally and/ or socially). (30 points)
Please follow the chapter list to answer these three questions, and the following three connections is the contents of the three chapter
Chapter 7: Group Behavior
- Zimbardo, Hawthorne, and Asch studies on group norms & behaviors: What were they, what was their basic purpose, and what were the significant outcomes?
- Groupthink & groupshift
- Social loafing
Chapter 9: Communication
- Formal & informal communication channels
- Non-verbal communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Cultural influences on communication
Chapter 14: Organizational Change & Stress Management
- Planned vs unplanned change: Purpose, characteristics, and impact on individual employees and groups
- Sources of resistance to change
- Strategies for overcoming resistance to change
- Lewin & Kotter’s change management models
- Eustress and distress in the workplace: Causes, symptoms, and outcomes (both individual and job-related)
- Individual and organizational approaches to managing stress