WK4 Assignment: Concerts Across Time Goal: The goal of this assignment is to compare a performance of Classical music to pop/rock music using musical terminology to express your ideas. Course Objectiv
We are confident that we have the best essaywriters in the market. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with all types of essays, and we are always willing to help you with any questions or problems you might face. Plus, our writers are always available online so you can always get the help you need no matter where you are in the world.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
WK4 Assignment: Concerts Across Time
Goal: The goal of this assignment is to compare a performance of Classical music to pop/rock music using musical terminology to express your ideas.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- CO-1: Identify Western music by style and era.
- CO-2: Apply musical terminology, concepts and critical listening skills to a given major composer and style of music.
- CO-3: Analyze the social, political, and cultural influences on Western and non-Western music.
Choose an excerpt from two concerts, one of a pop or rock concert of your choice and one of a performance of music from the Classical Era (1750-1800 AD) chosen from the list below. Watch approximately 10 minutes of each concert. (Please note: The Rock or pop concert you choose should be one you watch while this section of the course is in session, rather than a performance you watched or attended prior to the class.)
After viewing the concert excerpts, construct a comparison of these two concerts and address the following:
1. Explain why you did or did not enjoy the concerts.
2. Evaluate similarities and differences between music in the Classical era and rock/pop music. Be sure to reference specific musical attributes of the concerts, and use musical terminology and information from the course materials to express your ideas.
3. Discuss the types of people who attended concerts in the Classical era and those who attend rock or pop concerts today, and why people attended concerts in the Classical era versus today. (Be certain to use specific information from scholarly sources to support your points about concerts during the Classical era.)
4. Analyze how new technologies, such as digital media and the internet, change the ways music is experienced.
Classical Concert List
“Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s68kHOnpiE
“Violin Concerto No. 4 in D major” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuk2q_41W_A
“Symphony No. 25 in G minor” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvqOhbsriA
“Cello Concerto No. 1 in C major” by Franz Josef Haydnhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBZIfaxfrM
“Symphony No. 104 in D major,” Franz Josef Haydnhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OitPLIowJ70
“Night Music of the Streets of Madrid” by Luigi Boccherinihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RSL_MrJhkY
“Piano Sonata, Op. 40, No. 2 in B minor” by Muzio Clementihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-Hv71FD0Q
“Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major” by Ludwig van Beethovenhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lvBQJjxw4c&t=2s
“Symphony No. 4 in B-flat major” by Ludwig van Beethoven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5nLQEh4ROo
This paper should be 750-1000 words in length. This assignment should reflect knowledge and understanding of the course materials. Points should be supported by specific information from scholarly sources and musical terminology should be used to express ideas. This paper should be written in paragraph form using complete sentences with a clear introduction and conclusion. Be sure to reference both concerts in the introduction and conclusion.
In addition to these elements, please be sure to fulfill the Requirements for Writing Assignments (see below), including citing all sources (including the concerts) both in the body of the text and in a reference page. Please note that MLA is the standard citation style in the humanities. Here are some good sources of information for Evaluating Online Resources, Citing Sources, and Writing & Grammar Resources. The video links for the concerts should be cited in the body of the text and in your reference page.
Please consider the following:
- DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Note Well: Papers will be automatically added to and checked against the standard Turnitin repositories. Originality reports will be returned to the faculty and student in roughly 15 minutes of the submission.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WRITING ASSIGNMENTS
MUSI200 – APUS
CONTENT – Content applies to subject matter. – Demonstrates knowledge and comprehension of major issues and concepts. – Content reflects the use of analysis, synthesis, and comparison. – Major points are stated clearly and are developed and supported by specific details, examples, research, or analysis supported by information from scholarly sources.ORGANIZATION – Response has an organized and logical structure with an introduction and conclusion. – Smooth sentence and paragraph transitions. – Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.MECHANICS – Response follows standard rules of grammar, usage, punctuation, and spelling.
– Any material referenced is properly cited with both in-text citations and references formatted in MLA style. Here is an excellent website for citing in MLA.
– If the formatting style of your major is APA, feel free to use that formatting style. Here is an excellent website for formatting in APA – For papers submitted as attachments, formatting should be double-spaced with margins no more than 1 inch. Please use 10 or 12 pt. fonts. – Papers submitted as attachments must be .doc, .docx or .rtf files. File formats can be changed by going to the “File” drop-down menu and clicking on “Save As.” Please note that papers submitted in any other format will not be accepted or graded. Papers must be submitted in the proper format to be considered on time.
Do you have a lot of essay writing to do? Do you feel like you’re struggling to find the right way to go about it? If so, then you might want to consider getting help from a professional essay writer. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper